Hoboken Week in Review: 7/11/2010
A nice relaxing weekend in Hoboken!
Hoboken411 has been taking it easy this weekend, and deservedly so! Here’s your weekly recap for some items from last week.
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 11, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Unacceptable – With all the overpaid city directors, Hoboken thinks keeping the Community Pool closed during the record breaking hottest week of the year is OK. Caring about constituents in the 4th Ward is apparently NOT OK. They’re talking about a couple thousand dollars – when the city budget is over $100 million dollars. Do the math.
- Need more Bike Racks! – A couple extra bike racks are added (not nearly enough) – and “bike monitors” start leaving notes on residents personal property telling them they need to buy different locks. Not gonna happen.
- Zimmer deflects truth – Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer has been speaking with Rockefeller Developers about the Future of North Hoboken. Her expertly crafted political response says she has not been “in negotiations” with them. No duh, puppet Zimmer! You’ve been laying on your back! BIG DIFFERENCE!
- Giant Ramp in Hoboken – Hoboken411 provides you with the latest documents and plans for the 14th Street Viaduct… it will be a three year headache for uptown residents and visitors to the Mile Square!
Crime and Incidents
- Gun-toting freak – Hoboken Police were alerted to a wig-wearing freak wandering towards town – wanted for a shooting in our lovely neighboring crime zone called Jersey City.
- Zaklama! – Hoboken property owner Dr. Esmat Zaklama is causing trouble in SW Hoboken with his corner bar!
- Cop Cut – One of Hoboken’s bravest was sliced in a domestic dispute – HPD doesn’t care to share.
- Batman relegated to traffic duty – Batman normally is the high-profile crime-fighter. In Hoboken, he directs traffic for noise-making rice burners.
- Horse Sh*t – Whenever Nancy Pelosi speaks – it should be considered a crime. What numbnuts we have running this country.
- Belgian Fries, no doubt! – Hoboken411 gives you the exclusive about an upcoming Pommes Frites place sure to delight everyone!
- POULTRY! – The Chicken Factory is less than a week away from opening.
- Brick and Mortar Tacos – The Taco Truck now has a Taco Store!
- Rolling Pasta – Lotsa Pasta is Hoboken’s newest Food Truck!
Other Hoboken Updates
- You’re OUT! – PSE&G warns some residents of a future planned power outage.
- The Best! – Hoboken411 provides you with the best July 4th visual perspective.
- Smells like Hoboken Sewage – Maybe when Nirvana played at Maxwell’s over 20 years ago – they had a premonition about the horrible stench from the 11th Street sewage pump? Is that what Teen Spirit is?
- BLOWN! – Mile Square power transformers pop like zits during the recent heat wave.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Calvin: Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man? Hobbes: I’m not sure that man needs the help.”