Hertz cars taking parking away in Hoboken
Some Hoboken residents who drive not sold on Hertz Connect
Below is a photo that Hoboken411 reader Kimberly sent in. She has Hertz on Demand (formerly Connect by Hertz) cars in her neighborhood at 9th and Willow, as well as two assigned spots on 8th and Garden.
She said “I see these cars/reserved spot as another burden to Hoboken residents that own cars.”
The natural line of open questions that accompany this concern are:
- Is the “750 less cars in Hoboken” promise just a pipe dream?
- Does the Hertz Connect program only really apply to those that don’t own cars? Call it a “more convenient car rental program?”
- The general claim is that 15 cars will be “eliminated” per Hertz Car. Do you agree with that? Or do you suggest a different number?
- Do these cars belong on the streets? Or in their own private garage?
- If city parking was more affordable (i.e., $100 a month) would you use it? Should the city try and build more garages?
- Or make developers build larger garages in their massive condos and offer them to residents at sub-market pricing?