Flag Day at Stevens Institute
Largest Free-flying Flag honors America on Flag Day June 14th
Special Shaped Hot Air Balloon is Five Stories Tall!
If you’re unemployed, or want to take the morning off to see this humongous flying tribute to the United States of America – read on!
- The Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning in Association with PNC
- Raising the world’s largest American flag to honor America on Flag Day
- Stevens Institute of Technology, DeBaun Athletic Field, Castle Point on Hudson – Hoboken, NJ
- MONDAY, JUNE 14 – 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (inflation scheduled to begin between 8:00-8:30 a.m.)
- It’s Flag Day and we’re raising – OK, we’re inflating — the largest free-flying American Flag ever produced! Please join us as we salute the flag in honoring our nation in not quite grand old flag style with this 5 story tall special shaped hot air balloon courtesy of the Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning in Association with PNC.
The PNC American Flag balloon:
- is 53 feet tall, 78 feet wide, 29 feet deep, weighs 530 pounds
- can hold 700,000 3-foot by 5-foot American flags
- requires 30 MILLION BTUs of propane to be fully inflated!
- can carry 3 passengers in addition to the pilot
- The American Flag balloon, the world’s largest free-flying American flag (53 feet tall, 78 feet wide), is being flown on Monday, June 14, to honor our nation on Flag Day. The special shaped balloon is being inflated in preparation for next month’s 28th annual Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning in Association with PNC, the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America. The three-day Festival, July 23-24-25, 2010 at Solberg Airport in Readington, NJ, features 125 sport and special shaped balloons from around the world and attracts upwards of 175,000 people. The Festival donates a portion of its proceeds to benefit local and regional charities and non-profit organizations, raising more than $1.85 million over the past 17 years; info at www.balloonfestival.com.