How NOT to set the smoke detectors off
At around 2:30 or 2:45 this morning, a fire alarm was activated at 1122 Washington Street.
Fire companies responded and tenants evacuated. There was a slight odor of smoke in the building. Firemen searched each unit and couldn’t find the triggering source of the alarm. After quite a process, they assumed it was a malfuntion. But the couldn’t rectify that either.
Well, it turned out they missed one smaller unit on the first floor. They were able to gain access via ladder and an unlocked window.
At that time they discovered the source of the alarm.
AN UNATTENDED OPERATING TOASTER OVEN THAT HAD A CAN OF WD-40 ON TOP OF IT!!
I’m not even going assume this was an arson-attempt, BUT WHO PUTS FLAMMABLE FLUIDS ON TOP OF AN OVEN?
What great advice might this person have received while growing up?
“Hey dad, where should I put this gasoline can?”
“Oh, right next to the furnace”
Or maybe this person was the inventor of the:
“Top 10 Unsafe Toys for Christmas”
- 10. Junior Electrician Outlet Patrol
- 9. Hasbro’s Slippery Steps
- 8. Black & Decker Silly Driller
- 7. Roof Hanger Paratrooper Outfit
- 6. Remco’s Pocket Hive
- 5. Traffic Tag
- 4. Will it burn? From Parker Brothers
- 3. Chimney Explorer
- 2. My First Ferret Farm
- 1. Ooh – You’re Blue!, The Hold-Your-Breath Game