Hospital Meeting Tonight
There should be a healthy number of skeptics at this event.
Mayor Roberts put developer Jim Caulfield (Fields Development) on the board of the new Hospital Corporation, and has said that if they can’t save the hospital for the long term, the property is still “very valuable.”
Many people believe the city will run the hopsital for a few years before:
A) They have to start raising taxes to keep it open or
B) Shut it down to sell the property to a developer
Hospital: Now owned by the City of Hoboken
Here’s your chance. . .
Get answers about city ownership of St. Mary Hospital!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:30 p.m.
St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church Parish Hall
57 Eighth Street Hoboken, NJ
– Harvey Holzberg; President and CEO of St. Mary Hospital
– Assemblywoman Joan Quigley; Vice President, External Affairs of St. Mary Hospital
Are Hoboken residents liable for:
– cashflow shortfalls?
– capital improvements?
– repayment of municipal bonds and increased interest rates?
How does the Hospital Corporation:
– relate to the city administration?
– maintain its independence?
Organized by the Quality of Life Coalition.
A 501c3 organization