Broken Glass and Hoboken Pride
[Continuing the ORIGINAL Hoboken411 “Photo of the Day” series…]
Hoboken Photo of the Day – 2/8/2010
Don’t know about you guys, but myself and countless people I’ve personally spoken with – have noticed a sudden increase in the amount of BROKEN GLASS on Hoboken sidewalks. Not just one isolated area, but all over town.
And even Hoboken411 Mascot Oscar has suffered, slicing the pads on one of his paws WIDE OPEN last week. Now he’s limping around like a sad puppy. (don’t worry, I cleaned it out, tweezed the glass, ointment, etc. – just takes a while to heal)
- Why aren’t the shards of sharp glass cleaned up immediately?
- Who’s responsible? Garbage collectors? Drunk idiots? Everyone?
- Where are the Hoboken sidewalk sweepers? Budget cuts?
- What about property owners? Do they not give a crap?
- Even if they’re on vacation – what about their neighbors?
- Does anyone care about their own sidewalks anymore?
PS – if you have images collecting dust on your camera or hard drive – send them in for eventual inclusion on Hoboken411! Please state how you’d like to be credited in your email, and a description – if desired!!