Week in Review 7/30/2006
What was going on in the last two weeks?
- The Automated Parking Garage Debacle
is by far causing the most controversy in Hoboken at the moment
- The proposed new five-screen movie theater
Makes a lot of people an-gry. Especially if they live near there
- NJ Transit’s massive 65 acre redevelopment plans
Seems to cause quite a flush with residents.
- The annual St. Ann’s Festival
Zeppoles, complaints and cheap beer
- Something about St. Mary
Doesn’t seem right with the new CEO and President, Harvery Holzberg
- The new Shades of Hoboken restaurant
Opening delayed until August 1st
- A few reviews / updates:
– Carpe Diem – New Irish bar for Hoboken (uptown)
– Pita Grill (Is it worth it?)
– The Jefferson (doomed or just moving to Portofino?)
- A few buildings came down. HERE and HERE.
- Hoboken Restaurant Week is still going through August 4th
- And don’t forget the Crime Map. Check your ‘hood for recent crimes!