Hoboken Week in Review – 11/22/2009
Batten down the hatches!
The holiday season is just about to start ramping up to full speed this week! Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve all within the next 40 days! I know who’s getting a lump of coal for Xmas this year!
So what made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, November 22, 2009?
Want better movies at the Hoboken Theater? Well Clearview Cinemas will pick the top vote-getters to show next!
Hoboken411 is once again the only publication that shines light on what’s going on at City Hall. My conscience is clean – how’s yours?
In an effort to scrape up money for the budget – The city goes on a parking ticket blitz to steal from loyal residents – while the city parks illegally day after day.
Discussion about dog walker ethics – and a new device that tracks walk times.
Driving around town. Hoboken Police tracks ’em down!
Board of Education member Phil De Falco gives notice.
Some cool pix submitted – The “Old Days” in Hoboken.
A car with a Hoboken Parking Sticker gets booted.
Most people think it’ll take FOREVER to re-open the pier at Sinatra Park.
- DOOMED: Watch / Jewelry store Joon Lee Gifts has a going out of business sign.
- COMING SOON: 24-hour convenience store 7-Eleven looks like it’s progressing well!
- UPDATED: Gay / Lesbian Bar The Cage gets spruced up.
- NEW: New eyeglass store Hoboken Optical sets up shop on Washington.
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- TODAY, you have:
- Hoboken Boathouse Fundraiser at LUA (4pm)
- Starmites kid show playing at Monroe Center (3pm)
- and the Interfaith Thanksgiving Service (at 3pm)
- Have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- Don’t forget to support your local Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance! (Annual Fund Drive)
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.”– Robert A. Heinlein