McGreevey and Hoboken Priesthood

11/16/2009:

In case you didn’t know what Jim McGreevey has been up to lately…

Two ex-Governors in Hoboken!

“Working on the weekend has taken on a new meaning for former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey.

Five years ago, the controversial politician came out in that famous “gay American” speech. Now, he’s training to do his future speaking from the pulpit.

The former governor appears well on his way to becoming the leader of his own Episcopal congregation. Members of Hoboken’s All Saints Episcopal Church, where McGreevey is training, say he is on a praise-worthy path.”

See the rest of the story here.

mcgreevey priest hoboken nj all saints - McGreevey and Hoboken Priesthood

You may also like...

8 Comments
Newest
Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
emarche
emarche
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:21 pm

I don’t know about Corzine…sounds like he might pick up a cushy job at BOA. Not sure that will mean he’s out of Hoboken, but keeping my fingers crossed. Lousy bum.

bunbury
bunbury
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:58 am

I wonder what pulpit Cammarano will end up preaching from in a few years.

oceanbloo
oceanbloo
Monday, November 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Good luck to him. It’s odd, but if it is his calling, and if he can help and lead people, why not? Sometimes people find God only when they have hit bottom (no pun intended).

The more people that try to do “good,” the better.

KenOn10
KenOn10
Monday, November 16, 2009 4:52 pm

My brain cannot compute this extra weird news about McGreevey.

As for Corzine, no way he stays in town long. My guess is the tent will be folded by May or June.

rag246
rag246
Monday, November 16, 2009 4:33 pm

The transition from politics to religion must be the easiest career move one can make. You start in politics by learning how to lie convincingly to large groups of people; once you are ready to actually believe those lies, the higher calling awaits.

NotBornButRaised
NotBornButRaised
Reply to  rag246
Monday, November 16, 2009 6:23 pm

“Poets, priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for their submission
And no one’s jamming their transmission
‘Cause when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you”

From “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da” by The Police.

In response to rag246 who said:

The transition from politics to religion must be the easiest career move one can make. You start in politics by learning how to lie convincingly to large groups of people; once you are ready to actually believe those lies, the higher calling awaits.

yzass
yzass
Reply to  NotBornButRaised
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:49 am

Written by the same guy who said ‘Obama was sent by god.”

In response to NotBornButRaised who said:

“Poets, priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for their submission
And no one’s jamming their transmission
‘Cause when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you”

From “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da” by The Police.

NotBornButRaised
NotBornButRaised
Reply to  yzass
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:37 pm

You got a point. But, in all fairness, those 2 statements were almost 30 years apart. I’m sure most people in their late 50’s have different views than they had when they were in their late 20’s. Still, it’s a pretty stupid statement, no matter how much you like Obama.

(Side note: according to a 60 Minutes interview from a few years back, Sting still makes around $2,000 a day just for “Every Breath You Take”.)

In response to yzass who said:

Written by the same guy who said ‘Obama was sent by god.”

8
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x