Hoboken Week in Review – 11/15/2009
7 Weeks left in 2009!
Am I the only one that’s saying “Where has all the time gone?” Can’t believe the year is wrapping up soon – seems to be going by in a blur! Can someone please help me take a vacation? Haha!
So what made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, November 15, 2009?
Hoboken Police do a great job nabbing the suspects from two armed robberies this week. Hoboken411 broke the news as always!
Residents debate a new residential development in an aging area of town. Many people approve, some don’t.
- SAY CHEESE!
Owner of Celebration Studios Photography pleads guilty to theft of nearly a million dollars after hundreds of customers never received photos.
A discussion about dog-crating and it’s effectiveness.
A local inadvertently swallows a BEER CAP in one of his drinks!
Is it OK to keep perfectly good fields closed when residents are crying about open space?
Bob Bowdon’s great documentary about the corrupt NJ Schools is getting more praise.
An alleged drunk driver piles into four parked cars along Hudson Street.
- UPDATES: Pier C Park still remains unfinished and a sidewalk encumbrance; plus Joey’s BBQ gets much needed bread options for sandwiches – me happy!
- POLL: Where is YOUR favorite Brunch Spot in Hoboken?
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Swing by an art studio! – Paul Vincent (49 Harrison) – Today at 3pm
- Attend a free Home Buyers Seminar at Empire Realty. Free coffee and learn about the market. (Tuesday)
- Have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- Don’t forget to support your local Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance! (Annual Fund Drive)
- And Xmas Trees are coming to the Tree Barn – this Friday, November 20th!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Science progresses best when observations force us to alter our preconceptions”– Vera Rubin