Hoboken Week in Review – 11/1/2009
Oh boy, holiday season to begin soon…
Happy November 1st everyone! Lots of fun (and not so fun) stuff coming up the rest of the year. We have the ridiculous third Mayoral election this Tuesday, followed by Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve all in the next 60 days! Yikes!
So what made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, November 1, 2009?
Last few days of heavy political talk
The “Acting” Mayor promised 25% cuts, but keeps the budget hidden.
It appears certain she’ll fall far short of her promises. Fool us once…
More Hoboken nonsense. Hospital losing money fast, but “Acting” Mayor hires buddy who has failed track record. The more things change…
Our “Acting” Mayor fails again, this time losing $4 Million bucks that the city could have used. She’s too busy cutting ribbons to do her job. Wah Wahhh.
The big “protest” that the Westboro Baptists planned was so pathetic, it was laughable.
From a home in possible foreclosure, to “connect the dots,” Candidate Kim Glatt is vetted here on Hoboken411…
Who will win? With three games played, the Yankees are leading the Phillies 2-1.
One Hoboken411 reader needs a bakery alternative to Cake Boss Carlo’s… any suggestions?
Hoboken Police mull over bringing the “Neighborhood Watch” program back… a good idea or not?
Nick’s Candy on 14th Street suffers damage in an early morning fire…
Have no idea who these seven people are running for Mayor on Tuesday? Check Hoboken411’s quick cheat sheet for some tips.
- NOW OPEN: Miami Rice serves tasty treats; McCarthy’s Pub opens quietly next to the Police Station
- RE-TASTED: Burgers at Hudson Tavern are really tasty!
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Health Fair today at the Multi-Service Center
- World Series – The Yankees continue battling the Phillies this week.. who will win?
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday – Continues for a few weeks (uptown is finished for the year)
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
Quote of the Week:
“Vote: The only commodity that is peddleable without a license”– Mark Twain