Hoboken Week in Review – 10/11/2009
Long Weekend for some!
Today could be considered “another Saturday” for those lucky enough to have off tomorrow. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy your crisp autumn day today!
So what made the hottest entries for the week ending Sunday, October 11th, 2009?
As Hoboken Turns…
- (NOT) HALTED!
The “acting” Mayor claims she “halted” the giant NJ Transit project – but in fact, it’s now in the fast lane! Way to go, amateur!
A bunch of city employees were arrested for messing around with cocaine!
More about the pier collapse at Frank Sinatra Park.
Former Judge Kimberly Glatt stepped down to run for Hoboken Mayor!
Ill-timed paving downtown causes an evening rush-hour log-jam!
Readers discuss the fine line of “Dive Bars” in Hoboken.
The overwhelming verdict is that the new Taco Truck is out of this world!
- (NOT) SPECIAL!
A poorly planned “special council meeting” was abruptly canceled after those that organized it realized they screwed up.
Anyone that steals or damages anything – like the German Flag at Helmers’ – should be considered “haters.”
If you’ve been watching the City Council meetings since the amateur acting dual-office holder has been running them – you wince in pain as if watching a train wreck in SLOW MOTION. Another embarrassing display for the city of Hoboken.
- UPDATED: Well, the somewhat anticipated Pier C Park failed to open up on time. No surprise there.
- COMING SOON: A new sweet shop called Miami Rice is expected to open up on October 17th downtown.
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Bark in the Park – take your dogs to Liberty State Park – (TODAY at 11am.)
- Baseball Fever – The first round of Baseball Playoffs continue!
- The NY Waterway Fall Foliage Tours started up this weekend. Good times.
- The Fastest Bartender Contest continues this week…
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself.
Imitation is suicide.”– Marva Collins