Wassup with Texas BBQ?
What happened to Texas BBQ?
Since I don’t take the PATH every day – Hudson Place isn’t on my itinerary as much as it used to be… But driving by yesterday, I noticed that it looks like Texas BBQ is gone?
When did this happen?
See previous updates after the jump…
Coinciding with the Pepto Bismol sale they’re running at CVS, Texas BBQ will be open tomorrow. Who’s having pulled pork for Thanksgiving this year?
Stopped by and updated the picture today. I asked workers on scene when they expected it’d be open. One of them said “Very quickly. Maybe one or two weeks”. Take that with a grain of salt and a side of sauce.
Oh, they also serve breakfast..
Almost a year since the old Mediterranean Grill & Pizza doomed itself out of business, a new joint is ready to take it’s place. “Texas BBQ”. I wonder if it’s the same owners as Texas Arizona, and if so, they sure were lucky to have Texas in their name. What a brand they’d be building! What could be next? Texas Lexus of Hoboken? Texas Massage? Texas Realty?
I’m sure some readers are excited, as “Texas BBQ” is surely poised to compete with Joey’s BBQ uptown. Joey isn’t so lucky because if he decided to open a bar called “Joey Arizona” it would sound pretty stupid.
Since BBQ is becoming a giant hit here in Hoboken, here’s some future possibilities, promotions and BBQ style product offerings we can see in our future. What can you add?
- For the kids: “Pulled Pork Waffle Cones”
- Health and Beauty: “Texas BBQ Gravy Scented Massage Oil”
- For the carnival: “Ribs and Pulled Pork Clown Dunking Tank”
- A merger and gambling addition: “Texas Hold ‘Em Joey”
- A slogan: “Is that pulled pork in your hand, or are you just happy to see me?”
- If they have a liquor license: “Pork Shiraz Wine Tasting Night”
- Home improvements: “Ralph Lauren Barbeque Sauce colored ceiling paint”
- If they add spa services: “BBQ rotisserie steam room”
New name: “Doomed Grill & Pizza”.
Ever since they changed ownership, the place just stopped making decent food. They were lazy, rude and incompetent. So much that I guess it caught on and people just stopped patronizing the joint.
I think we need a new nail salon there.
Mediterranean Cuisine, Pizza.
Mediterranean Cuisine, Pizza. Free Delivery (Min $6)
Address – 38 Hudson Pl, Hoboken, New Jersey ( NJ ) 07030-5518