Hoboken Week in Review – 3/15/2009
St. Patrick’s Day Parade dominates news
Yikes! Overall, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Hoboken was the most discussed event of the year so far – with over 3,600 reader comments in total between the seven blog posts and the Live Blog on the day of the event! Perhaps it’s time to move on!
So, what were the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, March, 15 2009?
Hottest topics of the week
- The Annual Hoboken St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Should we put an end to the drunken hijinks?
- One reader called it “Trash Hoboken Day”
- The live blog was fun – over 2600 comments and observations! (see photo gallery too)
- A resident had a tough time at HUMC Hospital.
- A miffed resident chases a drunk. 411 readers make more fun of his CROCS.
- Local politicians meet to mull over options, including moving it to another day…
- Pizza shop capitalizes on the parade promotion
- Mayoral picture starting to clear up
- New FY ’09 Budget Announced
Hoboken411 brought you the “Judge Judy” exclusive report.
- Board of Ed candidates announced
A field of seven vie for three seats.
- Western Edge Redevelopment
Back in the news again – as a community meeting is planned.
- Blast from the past!
Hoboken was synonymous with “beer” over 100 years ago!
- We say “bye-bye” to a couple businesses
Don’t forget to check the Hoboken411 event calendar!