Unemployed in Hoboken?
What do you do all day?
Hoboken411 reader Ryan was wondering what unemployed Hoboken residents are doing these days!
So I created this entry to share any ideas you might have that would be helpful for other jobless souls in town. For instance:
- Are there any helpful career resources that you’re currently using? If so, where?
- What is your favorite free WiFi hotspot? (Speaking of WiFi, I sort of updated the Free WiFi list on 411 today, feel free to mention any I’ve missed)
- How long can you sustain living in Hoboken? Do you have a lot of savings? What have you cut back on?
- What would be your next steps? Move back home? Get roommates? Go to a cheaper area?
- How many resumes have you sent out? How is the job market? What are your job prospects like? How many interviews have you gone on?
- Would a weekly “We’re Jobless” Meetup be something you’d like to attend? Where you could exchange tips, leads and other useful information with others in the same boat?
- Have you become depressed? Lost the drive? Feel hopeless? Drink more?
- Would you ever consider taking a lower-end job just to make ends meet?
While many people feel the economy is going to suffer for quite a while before any substantial improvements are seen, I sure hope it doesn’t wreck the country the way folks Glenn Beck and Gerald Celente are saying!
So what say you?