Resident on Richard Blohm and the HFD
Below is a document, from Donna Antonucci (on behalf of the Hoboken Tax Reform Coalition), which lists the salaries and total accrued time for the Hoboken Fire and Police departments. (Wasn’t sure what post to put this – but you can also see the “Union Givebacks” thread for more on this topic.)
- Left Click: View in broswer
- Right Click, open in new tab: View PDF
- Right Click, Save as: Download document
Resident has questions about HFD…
A Hoboken resident and Hoboken411 reader sent a fairly long list of comments and observations – specifically related to the 5 minutes “Acting” Hoboken Fire Department Chief Richard Blohm spoke during the City Council Meeting of January 21, 2009.
Rather than publish list of comments in pure text format, I decided to incorporate them into a video instead, for easier comprehension.
Before you watch (video below), see my “open” questions to all HFD personnel here:
- How are other cities able to have pure volunteer fire departments? Can a taxpayer subsidized FD ever be effectively replaced?
- We all know Hoboken is a significant city (transportation hubs, Hudson River (which NYC has full jurisdiction over), and proximity to NYC) – but why are other municipalities able to serve a larger area, and more residents – for less?
- You may be able to justify the expenditures – but in your opinion, is there any way to cut spending? – if so, what? If not, why not?
- What was the HFD budget in 2001? What is it now? Why?
(Disclaimer: These opinions do not necessarily represent the views of Hoboken411)