Ugliest Holiday Sweater Contest!!
Only two entries to the Ugliest Hoboken Holiday Sweater contest!
So rather than making the two (and only) winners “fight it out” for first choice, I decided to do a coin flip instead. Because when I asked which gift certificate they preferred, and they both said “Cornerstone Pets.”
Thanks again for submitting!
I was trying to figure out a way to have a fun contest to give away a couple $100 gift certificates before Christmas arrives. And after bumping the idea off of many people, the following contest was born:
Who has the ugliest holiday sweater?
Admit it. Many of us have one of these atrocious sweaters lying around somewhere in our homes. Whether we’re guilty to throw it out because grandma gave it to us, or we just like wearing them to get ridiculous amounts of funny attention – you know you have one!!
$100 gift certificates up for grabs!
Hey, any help you can get during this tumultuous “economic spiral” we’re in goes a long way, right?
Sigh. Well – I’m not good with rules – so here’s my list of “loose random guidelines”:
- Submit a photo of YOU wearing the ugly sweater (a must)
- The picture MUST be identifiable as in Hoboken. Your apartment will not do. C’mon, be adventurous and leave the house with the sweater on. (a must)
- The contest submissions must be received by Wednesday at 11:59pm. I may still post last minute photos on Thursday (depending on my availability)
- Each picture will be posted online (either individually – or in groups – depending on the number of entries received – and the amount of focus I have)
- You must be a registered Hoboken411 user (sign up here if you’re not). Provide your username. (a must)
- NO PETS ALONE! (a must! if you want your cat or dog or bird in the photo – that’s fine – but you need to be wearing an ugly holiday sweater)
- No cheating: If you try and get tricky and find a photo on Flickr – and win – I will not give you the prize unless you’re the person in the photo! Sorry!
- Winner will be announced sometime on Friday – and we can make arrangements to get the prize.
- TWO winners will be selected. The two winners will have to fight it out to decide who gets what gift certificate.
- Criteria: Since I’m OCD, ADHD, and probably many other things not discovered yet by scientists, I’m not sure how I’m going to choose the winner. Not by voting, that’s for sure. However, NO PHOTOSHOPPING!
- Bonus Points (maybe): I might possibly give consideration for (but not necessarily): Beautiful people, funny captions & stories, photo quality, relevancy to Hoboken, sad stories, absence of clothes, user comments (or lack thereof), and so on. I won’t know till I see what entries come in!
So send your photos to (and it must have “Hoboken411 Ugly Holiday Sweater” in the subject – or it might get overlooked!) to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
SEND YOUR ENTRIES IN ASAP!!!