Our Lady of Grace – 130th Anniversary
Did you know that today is a big Anniversary for Our Lady of Grace Church? (Thanks Joe for the info!)
OLG Building marks 130th Anniversary
Today, Monday, November 10th is the 130th anniversary of the dedication of the Our Lady of Grace church building. The parish itself was founded in 1851.
- Plans were started in 1873, the cornerstone was laid in 1875, and the building was dedicated in 1878.
- The design of the Gothic church is attributed to Frances Himpler
- The building underwent an extensive restoration effort about 10 years ago, and is listed in the National Register of Historic places
- When built, it was the largest Roman Catholic church in New Jersey
- The church is 200 feet long and presently seats about 1200 people
- The pipe organ is a bit younger than the church. It was designed by world-renowned organ architect George Ashdown Audsley and constructed in 1909 (it turns 100 next year!).
PHOTO GALLERY (HOLD MOUSE OVER IMAGE TO NAVIGATE – 4 PHOTOS IN THIS SET)