Hoboken Week in Review – 10/5/2008
Another week in the books! Don’t forget – PATH closed from 7am to 11am this morning!
What made the Top 10 most discussed Hoboken411 entries for the week ending Sunday October 5, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- 1202 Hudson Street Fire
Early morning fire kills an elderly woman and destroys an uptown apartment building
- All eyes on the VP
Hoboken discusses the next Vice President of the United States – Even live blogged for the first time!
- Tasty Hamburgers!
Five Guys Burgers and Fries finally unlocks their doors in Hoboken. 411 brings you the exclusive first official review hours after opening!
- Be afraid, be very afraid!
A Hoboken411 reader explains why you should be concerned about our economy.
- West side club still angering neighbors
Lounge 11 makes news yet again – this time local politicians get involved.
- That “New Train” smell
Shiny new PATH cars make their way into Hoboken – Homeless saving their urine up.
- Fuzzy Math
Another reader thinks they can solve the economic bailout. However, the math was a wee bit off…
- Roller Coaster Ride
Another blip on the volatile stock market chart, as stock slip and slide.
- Shouting at Board of Ed meeting
Nutty events at regular school board meeting as one member has a conscience.
- 30 hour work week with incredible benefits
Now you know why people love city jobs. 9-4, lunch and a short commute.
- Regular weekly 411 appearance
Empire Fitness still charging customers long after they left town..
- Last Arts & Music Festival of the year
H411 has a different viewpoint on the twice-annual festival. Watch the video – it’s fun!!
- Steal this idea
I show you what a mural would look like on one of the ugly parking garages…
- R.I.P. Shea Stadium
Not to be overshadowed by the Yankees – a Hoboken411 reader shares their Shea Stadium memories
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- The PATH Emergency Response Drill is TODAY! (From 7am – 11am)
- 5th Annual Pet Parade! (Today – 1pm)
- Also, don’t forget that Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Museum.
- Comedy of Errors at the Monroe Center
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)