Hoboken Week in Review – 9/21/2008
From finance to local politics, the past week was indeed a roller coaster ride.
What made the Top 10 most discussed Hoboken411 entries for the week ending Sunday September 21st, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- Money, money, money!
Lehman Brothers files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Many folks are sad.
- Weekend blood
Local bar/club/restaurant Lounge 11 angers neighboring residents, forcing them to write their councilman.
- Castle Point Postponement
The situation with the local tax-collector and his home improvements gets put on hold for another couple months.
- End of an Empire
The midtown fitness center still getting traction on Hoboken411…
- Dog fight
A recent incident involving Pit Bulls stirs up conversation.
- Hoboken has a lot of fingers and toes
Previously doomed discount clothing store turns into nail salon/spa. Finally gets name.
- My team is better than your team
One reader wants to talk trash about the Philadelphia Eagles. Sigh.
- Coffee shop gets facelift
A downtown Dunkin’ Donuts gets revamped.
- Mayor speaks
David Roberts is quoted in regards local recent Wall St. troubles.
- Put a shredder on your Xmas list
One Hoboken411 reader warns of the dangers with identity theft and your garbage.
- Of the tracks
The rickety PATH train derails again.
- Take the survey please!
If you haven’t yet done so, please take a minute to complete the annual 411 reader questionnaire.
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- The Fall Arts & Music Festival is NEXT Sunday, the 28th!
- Neumann Leathers fundraiser Maxwell’s (ongoing)
- Also, don’t forget that Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Museum.
- Lonely? Try Speed-dating at Quays – Sept 24th
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)