CrossFit: Prostate Cancer Fundraiser


CrossFit Hoboken (38 Jackson St.), recently profiled by Hoboken411, will be holding a charity on Sept 27th to benefit two great causes: “The Prostate Cancer Foundation” and “The Wounded Warriors Project”.


Prostate cancer affects 1 in 6 men above the age of 45. By 2030 that number is predicted to be 1 in 2. 75% of the funds raised by this event wil go to prostate cancer research, while the remaining 25% will be going to support the families of disabled veterans. The event is open to the public and CrossFit Hoboken is encouraging everyone interested to come out for the workout.

The workout runs as follows:

Participants move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. This event calls for 3 rounds. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of ‘rotate,’ the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

The stations are:

  1. Wall-ball, 8 ft target (Reps)
  2. Deadlift high-pull (Reps)
  3. Box jump (Reps)
  4. Push-press (Reps)
  5. Row (Calories)

Participant awards

  • Any participant who raises $150 or more will receive an official event T-shirt.
  • High Score Individual Awards: Highest score in each division (male and female). Top 3 national scorers in each division will receive a Custom Sterling Silver, Hand-Stamped Dog Tags set with the winner’s name and facility on one tag and their score, location and FGB III on the other tag, with a sterling chain.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!