Hoboken Italian Festival 2008
If you’re reading this now – you might want to head down to the waterfront to check out tonight’s firework display.
Here’s last years if you’re stuck at home.
Here’s some pre-festival photos (with commentary)
See the rest, plus last years video after the jump!
Or otherwise called the “Feast of Madonna Dei Martiri.”
With the unofficial end of summer coming soon, get your livers ready for a four-day gluttonous food, drink and entertainment extravaganza in Hoboken! That, and a perfectly frenetic time to break up with your summer squeeze!
Mark your calendars, because starting Thursday, September 4th, and running through Sunday, September 7th is the 82nd annual Hoboken Italian Festival, held in the area of Frank Sinatra Park (and the new WWII memorial. Yikes, what are we going to do now that beer garden space is gone?)
Heart-attack inducing cannoli’s, sausage & peppers, deep fried zeppole’s, booze, bands, eating contests and much much more than you can digest. To get the full nauseating effect, be sure to swing by a couple times, and drink on an empty stomach. Two things to definitely check out: The fireworks on Saturday, and return of “Krystal” on Sunday!
Here’s last years Feast of the Madonna Dei Martiri.
SEE THE FULL SCHEDULE AFTER THE JUMP!!!
FOR MORE, CLICK BELOW…
(2008 Hoboken Italian Festival, continued…)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
- 6:00 Centerfold (Hoboken Band reuniting, covering songs from the ‘80s)
- 7:15-8:15 Temporary Grace
- 8:30 pm Pizza Eating Contest
- 9:00 pm Temporary Grace
- 10:00 pm Italian Chicks Comedy Tour
Friday, September 5, 2008
- 5:00-8:00 The Pythons
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm The Motown Memories Revue – Nationally acclaimed 11-piece band doing music from the entire Motown catalogue
- 10 pm – 11 pm The Motown Memories Revue
Saturday, September 6, 2008
- 1:00 pm I Paesani – Italian Cultural Group
- 2:30 pm Gino Di Napoli
- 4:00 pm I Paesani
- 6:00 pm Tre Bella
- 7:30 pm Mirage
- 8:30 pm Cannoli Eating Contest
- 9:00 pm Fireworks
- 9:30 pm Mirage
Sunday, September 7, 2008
- 12:30-3:00 Dive, Reverse Order
- 3:30-4:30 Krystal
- 4:45 pm Grape Stomp Contest
- 5:30 pm Tenor Michael Tota
- 6:30 pm “The Bronx Wanderers”
(The ultimate tribute to Dion, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Johnny Maestro, and The Brooklyn Bridge and more.
- 8:00 pm “The Shirelles” (Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Soldier Boy, Dedicated To The One I Love) Rock N Roll Hall of Fame
- 9:15 pm “The Bronx Wanderers”
- 10:00 pm Grand Raffle Drawing
Hope you have a good time!