Hoboken Week in Review – 8/17/2008
Another fun news week in Hoboken! From a big-boobed Jets Girl who calls the mile-square home, to a Democratic Presidential Candidate, some stuff around here you just can’t make up!
Here are the Top 10 new, bumped or updated postings this week that had the best, most diverse and hottest overall discussion in Hoboken for the week ending Sunday August 17th, 2008.
Hottest topics of the week
- Obama Mama’s
A simple “is what they say about Barack Obama true?” question turns into heated political debate.
- Giant Real Estate project plugs along
Maxwell Place is looking less like a construction site, and more like condos (for now).
- Changing the name, doesn’t change the location
Julianna, a “softer, gentler” name for a luxury condo/apartment complex adjacent to a Hoboken Housing Authority Project.
- Yet more Hoboken Real Estate development updates
MetroStop, a “green” luxury condo gets updated on Hoboken411.
- Mediocre diner may become improved
The Cup Joint, a hit-or-miss eatery on the west side is going through changes.
- Before or after Halloween?
Candy is the #1 piece to the puzzle on October 31st. Will the Candy Shoppe open in time?
- She markets her body like a smart business
Jenn Sterger just became the NY Jets home game football hostess, as well as a new Hoboken resident. People judge her and her boobs.
- Feelin’ Minnesota!
What pit stops would you make on a 1200 mile road trip to the midwest?
- Everyone is CRYING about something!
Seems that many folks are anti-child in Hoboken, as a simple birthday party question unleashes the wolves.
- Mason says “NO!”
To letting more layers of corruption into Hoboken, via the State.
- Tasty poop-free tomatoes
The Heirloom Tomato Festival is a week from today!
- Ferry slip dumps one pier, and connects with another
The uptown New York Waterway Pier moves 100 feet north. Complaints about it float to the surface.
- Driving through intersections in Hoboken is risky
Even a notorious danger spot right next to City Hall. Way to go!
Summer events continue in Hoboken (you can see them listed on the calender on the bottom of the left sidebar – Let me know if I’m missing any good ones!)
- Yoga at the park on Mondays
- And another Monday option, Shakespeare in the Park (Last week!)
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)
- Movies at Pier A on Wednesdays (Bee Movie is playing this week!)
- More performance art at Sinatra Park on Thursdays. This week, Cat Lingo entertains us.