What do you know about Barack Obama?
Myself, am still undecided, and completely unhappy with how the whole Primary was run, but that’s another story. Additionally, me and my friends also have our opinions about how the national news media “shapes” individuals opinions, but that too, is a discussion for another day.
But deep within my vault of 100’s of thousands of emails, I stumbled across this email the other day, and I would like to hear the “COUNTER-POINT” from Barack Obama supporters in Hoboken:
The Truth about Obama?
You Don’t Know the Truth About Barack Obama Until You Read This Book
- Has any major presidential candidate received less critical examination than Barack Obama?
- People blindly flock to him, the press fawns over him, but nobody questions his promises, plans, or past—until now.
In The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media’s Favorite Candidate, investigative journalist and National Review Online political reporter David Freddoso removes the gilt from the golden candidate, exposing Obama for who he really is: the #1 most liberal U.S. senator whose policies and inexperience could put our country in serious jeopardy.
Like any convincing argument, Freddoso supports The Case Against Barack Obama with sound evidence and facts. Delving into Obama’s legislative record, interviewing his colleagues, and analyzing Obama’s books and speeches, Freddoso does the research that the media has neglected. His conclusion? Obama the Orator is very different from Obama the Legislator. From his history of supporting corrupt Chicago politics to his extreme liberal voting record, The Case Against Barack Obama proves that Obama is not the politician of “change”, but the politician of status quo.
In this shocking exposé, Freddoso builds his case by revealing what the nightly news hasn’t told you, including:
- Obama’s extensive connections to corrupt Chicago politics—while he claims to be a reformer
- Obama’s plans to increase taxes—amid rising fuel and food prices, he just voted to raise taxes for anyone making more than $32,000
- Obama’s dangerous mix of inexperience and poor judgment—evident in his shifting policy positions and the Rev. Wright scandal
- Obama’s radical voting record—he repeatedly voted against legislation to protect babies born alive during failed abortions
No doubt there will be other books about Barack Obama, but The Case Against Barack Obama is the first comprehensive and critical look at the man who would be president. Freddoso builds a rock-solid case against Obama’s “bipartisan reformer” façade, going where most journalists—and books—refuse to tread.
Is the book accurate in any way? Or is this just PURE POLITICAL SPIN once again?
I appreciate any and all comments on this, as I want to know how you Obama fans might respond.