Are you Happy?
File this under “super random post of the day,” (or “People should be sleeping in today”).
Many years ago, when I was in corporate America, I had this sign hanging on my wall. It “kept me in check” and reminded me of things that I believe most people forget in their daily travels.
Mind you, I have to say there’s at least ONE item on this list that I’m not “taking care of,” but that can easily be corrected.
What do you think of this list? Do you live a happy life?
A Guide to a Happy Life
- No one will ever get out of this world alive. Resolve therefore to maintain a reasonable set of values.
- Take care of yourself. Good health is everyone’s major source of wealth. Without it, happiness is almost impossible.
- Resolve to be cheerful and helpful. People will repay you in kind.
- Avoid angry, abrasive persons. They are generally vengeful.
- Resolve to listen more & to talk less. No one ever learns anything by talking.
- Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don’t need it & fools won’t heed it.
- Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving & tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
- Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings. What counts most about success is how a person achieves.