BoE Meeting 6/24/2008
Here’s tonights tentative agenda. Will they pass out samples for the food service presentation?
DATE: Tuesday, June 24, 2008
TIME: 6:00 p.m. Stated Session
LOCATION: Board Meeting Room, 1115 Clinton Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
- Food Service Management Company Presentations.
- Collective Negotiations Agreement with the Hoboken Education Association.
- Policies: 1 st reading: Travel (Amended); Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (Amended); Title I Parental Involvement; 2nd reading: Annual Posting of RFQ’s.
- Approval of minutes.
- Utilization of facilities: outside agencies.
- Personnel: Appointments, including Supervisor of Special Services, Network Systems Administrator, ABA Instructional Aides, Coaches, Game Personnel, Co/ExtraCurricular Staff (Class/Club Advisors, NJASK8, HSPA, After School Aides, Summer Reading Intervention, Summer Literacy, Summer School, Family Friendly, other summer and after school programs)
- Personnel, including: Reappointment of Assistant to the Superintendent, Counsel, Assistant Business Administrator, Chief Information Officer, District-Wide Maintenance/ HVAC/ Communications Repairman, Non-tenured Certified Staff, Teacher/Disciplinarians, Part-time Clerks; Transfers of various staff; Non-union salary increments; Rescission of previous hiring resolution; Replacement of program staff.
- Training of ABA Instructional Aides; Other workshops, seminars, conferences, staff training.
- Special Education: Outside placement of students, related services; Joint Transportation Agreement for Extended School Year.
- Assignment of non-public teachers to Title I programs serving resident students at non-public schools.
- Athletic program: Summer Football Camp.
- 2008/2009 School District Calendar.
- Fiscal reports, school reports, fire drill reports, Board Committee reports, A148 and A149 financial reports, budget line transfers.
- Claims, regular and workers compensation, addition to professional service contracts.
- Award of Bid Contracts for 2008/2009.
- Award of Professional Services Contracts (RFQ’s) for 2008/2009.
- Acceptance of grant funds, including NCLB entitlement allocations.
- Field trips.
- Transmission of 2008/2009 School District Budget.
- CLOSED SESSION- Discussion of Negotiations; Principals/Administrators and Custodial/ Maintenance; negotiations and litigation regarding the previous superintendent’s contract.
Any matters relating to the above items that may come before the Board. Please be advised that the Board may be required to go into closed executive session during this meeting to discuss potential litigation and personnel items. Action may be taken on all agenda items.