Help wanted in Hoboken
Local biz: Help wanted (wants to hire local!)
Hoboken architectural firm Marchetto Higgins Stieve has an open position (part time) they’d like to fill.
However, they’d really prefer hiring someone local (from Hoboken), which is a nice community gesture. It also probably makes sense from a logistical and “reliability” standpoint, as getting to Hoboken on time if you don’t live here can be a real challenge.
So if you’re a bookkeeper (or know anyone who is) please check out this opening.
Contract Specialist / Bookkeeper wanted
“We are a growing professional service firm and excited about expanding our team. We are looking for an individual that can fulfill both the Paralegal/Contract Specialist role and the Bookkeeper role. This position will be part-time with flexible hours located at our Hoboken office. Within the Hoboken office, you will work directly with the principal, who will collaborate with you, support and coach you in your work. If you are interested in joining a dynamic culture and a growth oriented company – Welcome!
Our firm has an immediate need for a part time Paralegal/Contract Specialist and Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate has experience working with contracts and correspondences as well as working with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Additionally, the ideal Bookkeeper will be proficient with Quickbooks and Excel. This position is for someone that is going to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and also have excellent verbal and written communication within a team environment.
The main responsibilities of the position will include:
- Review contract agreements
- Manage Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- General bookkeeping
- College degree, paralegal preferred
- Minimum two years of experience
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Experience working in an engineering or construction company preferred
- Experience in contract negotiation and drafting contracts (review, negotiation, and preparation of legal documents mainly contracts)
- Ability to detect issues and language with contracts that pose legal risk
- Highly detailed oriented and excellent communication skills
Please submit your resume and CV to Shallon Gammon at sgammon[at]mhsarchitects.com
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and a personal letter. Your job here will make a difference!