Readers’ Circle Book Group 2016
Hoboken Readers Circle Book Group 2016 Schedule
Today’s “Practical Christmas Gifts 2015” feature takes a new shape – BOOKS!
Another year, and books are still here! One of my “predictions” for the future is that as technology invades more facets of our lives, a growing number of people will try to distance themselves from it (while many others fall further into the abyss). The Readers Circle Book Group is a great place to discover new books, and even discuss them with others who are (quite literally) “on the same page” as you!
And for those that love reading, but happen to enjoy the “convenience” of an electronic book reader – would be happy that Amazon has bolstered their line of Kindle readers. The latest models are the Kindle Paperwhite (highest quality yet) and the color reader/tablet combo Kindle Fire HDX 8.9.
Heck, they even make a kids version of the Kindle. Order yours today to guarantee Christmas delivery.
With the “technology” out of the way – here’s a great list of books for the Readers’ Circle the first half of next year.
The Readers’ Circle is a community event open to all book lovers. Bring a friend or make one. All you need do is read the book and come to the meeting. The group meets the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm in All Saints, 701 Washington Street, in Hoboken. Free coffee and cake is served. For more information, you can send a digital communication to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoboken Readers Circle 2016 Lineup
Which of these six books for the first half of 2016 are you interested in? (click to read more about each book):
- January 21st: THE MARTIAN by Andy Weir
- February 18th: THE HEART OF THE MATTER by Graham Green
- March 17th: BROOKLYN by Colm Toibin
- April 21st: ONE TRUE THING by Anna Quindlen
- May 19th: UNDER THE NET by Iris Murdoch
- June 16th: MAURICE by E.M. Forster
- SUMMER RECESS (until September)
Enjoy them words everyone!
Don’t forget to catch up on previous Practical Christmas Gift ideas, either!
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 1 – “Sharp!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 2 – “Energy Savings!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 3 – “Healthy!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 4 – “Guys Only!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 5 – “For the Ladies”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 6 – “Clean!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 7 – “Food!”)
- Practical Christmas Gifts 2015 (Part 8 – “Supplements!”)