Hoboken Week in Review
Hoboken Week in Review – December 6, 2015
Below are a some posts that crossed Hoboken411’s desk during the week ending Sunday, December 6, 2015:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Brazen Graffiti Artist – Defaces public property – and has the nerve to brag about it!
- Hoboken H.S. Football Champs – Congrats to the Red Wings for winning the N2G1 football final 34-12 over Brearly! (Their 3rd title in the past four seasons).
- Lengthy Water Main Breaks – Took a week to repair – and the Water Company says we have breaks on average of every other week. Joy to the bike lanes!
- Holiday Shopping – Got a few events to choose from this weekend.
- Made in China – better? – People mock “made in China” a lot these days, but they seem to get shit done better.
- Coal in your football stocking – The world is falling apart at the seams, and people go after your recreational fun? Seems a bit ass-backwards, no?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Hoboken Developers – We speak with “green” developer Larry Bijou in a three-podcast. Part One – Part Two and Part Three.
- Retro Millions – It’ll cost you lots to buy an old building in Hoboken.
- Flip Bucks – Some locals try to make a quick six-figure pay day with a brownstone flip. Will it flop?
- Wet Paint – Does it make sense to paint the roads when they’re wet?
- Practical Christmas Gifts – The kitchen is usually the most important room in any home!
- Bow Tie Cinemas – DVD’s and Blu-Ray’s are ultra cheap this month!