Board of Education meeting tonight
The Board of Education recently began a program where a different school and/or program will be presented to the Board and to the public each month.
Last month was Wallace Elementary School and the Hoboken High School EMT Program.
This month, Dr. Lorraine Cella, the new Principal of Hoboken High School, will be presenting to the Board. Her presentation will begin at 7pm and last approximately 10-15 minutes.
DATE: Tuesday, February 12, 2008
TIME: 7:00 p.m. Stated Session
LOCATION: Board Meeting Room – 1115 Clinton Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
- Approval of minutes.
- Utilization of facilities: outside agencies and community facility requests.
- Personnel: resignations, appointments, transfers and postings.
- Possible closed session discussion on litigation settlement, current litigation, potential litigation and personnel items, previous Superintendent’s contract, Board Secretary; discussion of negotiations with HEA and other employees, discussion of employee stipends; raises for non-union staff, clerks.
- Leaves of absence; Family Leave; Maternity Leave.
- Appointment/non appointment of tenured and non tenured staff, including additional Substitute Teachers, Game Supervisors, Spring Coaches, Tutors, Clerks and other staff for Saturday HSPA Program and NJASK, After School Advisors, Mentors, Home Instructors, and Extra-Curricular positions.
- Fiscal reports, school reports, Board Committee reports, Board Secretary/Treasurer Reports, Fire Drill reports.
- Possible discussion and/or action on the future of the school district’s facilities.
- Attendance at workshops.
- Approval of field trips.
- Out of State Travel.
- Claims, regular and Workers Compensation Third party Administrator.
- Special Education Out of District Placement.
- Accept and apply additional grant funds..
- Correction of prior resolutions.
- Budget transfers; grant appropriation modifications.
- Suspension without pay of an employee due to indictment
Any matters relating to the above items may come before the Board. Please be advised that the Board may be required to go into closed executive session during this meeting to discuss litigation settlement, current litigation, potential litigation and personnel items. Action may taken on all agenda items.