Hoboken Week in Review – August 17, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 17, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Garden Jumper – A man jumps to his death in the early morning hours.
- Dangerous Driving – Some intersections in Hoboken are hazardous to your health (and car).
- Backwards – Parking now reversed in some spots in Hoboken.
- Shady Recreation – Will families bring their precious ones to the dark side of town?
- Not for recreational use – No place to play ball without a permit.
- Busybodies – Car gets window smashed because some nosy asshole “thought” they saw a baby.
- HPU Robbery – The rules don’t matter to them.
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Reverend Jim – A Hoboken Icon with over three decades of local anecdotes. Sings, too!
- Vivi Bubble Tea – Trendy beverage shop from Taiwan. We’ll see how long it lasts.
- Snaks 5th Avenchew – Fancy dog treat company threatened by upscale department store.
- Stingray Lounge – A fresh seafood place minus the brainwashing boob tube.
- Riverside Medical Group – Health care for adults and kids. Not covered: Property Tax Bill Anxiety.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Still going strong Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (weather permitting)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – DVD’s are now released within months after theatrical release. Food for thought.