Hoboken Week in Review – August 31, 2014
Happy last day of August! Here’s your usual selection of noteworthy posts on Hoboken411.com for the week ending Sunday, August 31, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Luxury Fear – Some residents paying four grand a month have to contend with gunfire. Doesn’t sound like a fair market price, does it?
- Robotic Dirt – The waterfront is a slobby mess! You should see it after movie night too!
- Ice Bucket Challenge Killing America Productivity – The amount of time collectively wasted by this fruty challenge will ASTOUND you.
- Reverse parking achieving reverse results – Already someone injured because of this unnecessary “change.”
- Uber headaches – No longer is the market free to decide when government red tape impedes all efficiencies!
- Garbage Governance – Apparently “smell” and “sanitary” are quality of life issues the Hoboken administration cares not about!
- Common sense? Who needs it? – When you have signs to constantly remind you what is right and wrong!
- Dog urine app – Pooches are mammals. We cannot control their bladders. But signs say we should!
- HPU THUGS – You are TARGETED the minute you drive into Hoboken. Keep that in mind!
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Plum on the Run – Best burger you can get in Hoboken – on the cheap too!
- Buggy Balance – Stroller Capital Hoboken actually spawns a great idea for schlepping moms!
- McLoone’s Pier House – Now open. Have you been yet?
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Couple months left. Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (all weather permitting, of course!)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Tip: Get your “Region Free” Blu Ray and DVD players here. Great for watching BBC stuff or other discs that won’t play in your current setup.