Update: Boxes being nicked in broad daylight
Wanted to bump this ongoing “public service announcement” to remind you slackers that boxes are still getting cleaned out of multi-unit buildings at a breakneck pace again this season.
Just a few days ago, one lobby in a midtown building had a couple dozen shipments stolen.
The thief rolled a shopping cart from A&P Supermarket into the building. Apparently people are too busy updating facebook on their phones and can’t be bothered to look around anymore.
Boxes will always be stolen in Hoboken
Living in a multi-unit apartment building has it’s pros and cons. The “mailroom” is one of the cons. So many deliveries ripe for the taking. “Common sense” could solve the problem, but that’s a story for another day. Here’s some info about the current crop of box-nickers in Hoboken.
One thief arrested: Fernando Serrano
Good news, one Fernando Serrano was arrested yesterday. He hails from Union City, NJ. (Thanks 9th St. Light Rail Station for the contribution!)
Don’t worry, he’ll be free again soon – or someone just like him will take the baton.
Another package thief prowling around Hoboken
There’s another box-thief on the loose – as we received this security-footage montage earlier today.
Recognize him? Call Hoboken Police at (201)420-2100 with anything to help put an end to this horrific loss of material goods.
Top 5 Recommendations to avoid lobby theft in Hoboken:
- Never have deliveries sent to your apartment if you’re typically not home. As a reminder, you can:
- Befriend a local business (dry cleaner, bodega, etc.) and have your shipments sent there,
- Use a place like Go Postal that will receive your boxes for a modest fee (and even deliver them when convenient)
- Tell your condo to either move or block the mailbox area – or install frosted glass doors outside.
- Have your stuff shipped to your work (if you’re not too weak and lazy to use a little effort to carry it home…)
- Live in a better building (i.e., with a concierge – but the drawback is that they’ll see you stumble home drunk missing a heel…)
- Stop buying so much shit online