Hoboken Photo Leftovers for November 2nd
Hoboken photo remains of the week: November 2, 2013
In the Hoboken Photo Leftovers gallery below:
- Photo 1: Well, well well. The Rockefeller Group has some buildings at 15th & Willow pegged for demolition (hence the “X” marks). We expect these parcels of land uptown to be a source of contention for quite a while. Just move along…
- Photo 2: This struck us as “odd.” Why in God’s name is a sign posted about “Take Back Halloween” at The Hoboken Office? Who in God’s name took it away? These marketing slogans only befuddle those who are in tune with reality…
- Photo 3: Hate to break this to you guys. But “bakery racks” are normally meant for “fresh baked goods” to cool off after being in the oven. Golly gee, Starbucks utlilizes the same racks for FROZEN La Boulange “treats” they re-constitute for you daily. Genuine? Reality? Fantasy?
- Photo 4: Every time I walk by this “steakhouse” downtown I get deeply saddened by how our inept government (Zimmer) has squelched economic progress in our city.
- Photo 5: Lastly – we ran a story in the past about how toxic beverages like Four Loko have infiltrated our society. I spotted one place in the heart of Hoboken that proudly displays it. All good, I guess?
Enjoy the rest of your beautiful fall weekend, Hoboken!
About Hoboken Photo Leftovers
These are photos that didn’t necessarily warrant an individual posting on Hoboken411.
They may have been related to other stories – or completely independent. These photographs are remnants of our travels in the past week. But equally important in maintaining an historical record of “life as we know it” in the Mile Square City.
At the same time, these photographs may also mirror the unique personal opinion of the publisher of Hoboken411.com.
Regardless, the pictures add to the “virtual encyclopedia” that this site now represents. Thank you for your readership!Hoboken NJ