Hoboken Week in Review: 10/13/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on October 13th at 05:45 am
Hoboken Week in Review – October 13, 2013
Today is the final day of the Digable Arts Festival over at the Monroe Center – Check it out!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 13, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- What part of Hoboken waterfront collapses next? – Engineers hope to stop the next headline-grabbing debacle in Hoboken.
- Eli Manning still winless! – Denver Broncos have the same number of wins as the entire NFC East.
- Zimmer and Flooding – Wireless sensors she forced down everyone’s throats were useless.
- Botched Tree City – More trees decapitated in “Tree City USA!”
- Hoboken411 Gets Action! – We shame the city for their lack of responsibility, and they react! Yay!
- Water Mains & Parking – Pipe burst of the week, plus parking shenanigans.
- Tornado FEAR! – Media distracts the general public with shoddy weather warnings that don’t even come close to materializing!
Updates & Events
- Boardwalk Fresh Burgers and Fries – Rumored to be coming to midtown Washington Street.
- Keller Williams – Massive Realtor set to rock Hoboken market.
- Fitness Meets Dance Studio – Creative and entertaining way to burn calories in Hoboken.
- Hudson River Crossfit – Another “fitness” facility to burn off those carbs you shoveled down your gullet.
- Hoboken Hothouse 2 – An interesting “bakery” of sorts at 2nd & Monroe.
- La Femme – Spa moves from prominence to obscurity. Blame it on the rents.
- Wells Fargo Mortgage – Also moves from the drag to a block away.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – Some Farmers’ Markets will be ending soon! A few more weeks for the Tuesday Market downtown and Thursdays Uptown, but Saturdays Uptown continues into November.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Wonder what the actual attendance numbers are…