Hoboken Photo Leftovers for October 5th
Hoboken photo remains of the week: October 5, 2013
In the Hoboken Photo Leftovers gallery below:
- Photos 1-3: Lo behold. Elysian Park getting a bit of a makeover – including the dog run. But they destroyed many functional concrete-wood benches. I’m sure someone would have loved to salvage them! What a waste.
- Photos 3-4: Interesting “job” taking place on the walkway near Pier A Park. Crews are removing bricks, and putting them back right where they were. Sounds like the $1200 hammers the Pentagon used to buy.
- Photo 5: DON’T JUMP! Spotted this fella on top of the J. Wiley building downtown. Knowing how paranoid our meddling society has become, someone probably called the cops saying “suicide jumper!” But it was just a security guard doing a roof detail check.
- Photo 6: I wonder how any residents feel good about putting vampire Halloween decorations out during the day. Kind of ruins the credibility of the whole thing, no?
- Photos 7-12: Sidewalk Chalk Artist Honschar was back at it again, doing some nice stuff for Sole Salon (including “footsteps” from the old location to the new), and Flo on Wheels.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Hoboken!
About Hoboken Photo Leftovers
These are photos that didn’t necessarily warrant an individual posting on Hoboken411.
They may have been related to other stories – or completely independent. These photographs are remnants of our travels in the past week. But equally important in maintaining an historical record of “life as we know it” in the Mile Square City.
At the same time, these photographs may also mirror the unique personal opinion of the publisher of Hoboken411.com.
Regardless, the pictures add to the “virtual encyclopedia” that this site now represents. Thank you for your readership!Hoboken NJ