Hoboken Week in Review: 9/29/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – September 29, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 29, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Tim Occhipinti enters Mayoral Race – And quits his job to show how serious he cares about Hoboken!
- Ravi Bhalla Slammed – Meanwhile, residents are lashing out at our totally ethically corrupt administration. Ravi Bhalla and all the “MUTE” Zimmer Zombies.
- Ghetto Tracker – A wacky Google Maps Mashup tracks shady neighborhoods.
- Reverse Parking – A shining example of exactly how inept the bobble heads at City Hall are. Election day is November 5th.
- Jersey Shore Fail – Millions spent to try and “save” the areas slammed by Sandy. Too much intervention and re-directing of money. Has to stop.
- 11th Street Revival – A street closed for decades getting closer to a re-birth!
Updates & Events
- Oktoberfest is Now! – As if you needed an excuse to drink? Hmmph!
- Smoke & Barrell Sports Bar – Finally something fills the void near 14th & Willow.
- Pho Nomenon Noodle & Grill – Vietnamese cuisine coming soon. “Isn’t that special!”
- The SALON by Soon Dar Secrets – Is now officially open. Supposedly “nice skin” wasn’t possible until this time in history.
- TEXT NECKS SYNDROME – I will be rich enough to retire for coining this scary new medical condition about to overtake the world.
- Hoboken TIMELAPSE – A fun video we shot that required effort, thought and skill. Unlike pretty much every “app” out there today.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Annual Hoboken Farmers Markets aging gracefully – Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – If you and your mate saw a movie a week and ate the food they provided – you’d be at least $2500 poorer per year.