New Year’s Eve 2007/2008
12/31/2007 Update #2:
No fireworks this year, DAMNIT! If I would have known, I would have ordered a New Year’s Eve massage instead! Gripes!
The slight lull in posting activity on 411 at the end of each year is very short-lived, but I’m loving the extra time I have. And I’m also happy I don’t have any complicated plans for tonight. Just winging it! Life is so much easier when it’s simple, isn’t it?
What about everyone else? Hope everyone enjoys the night, regardless of your destination.
See you again in 2008!
With New Year’s Eve 2007 two weeks away, have you made your plans yet? Or are you going to wing it? House party, formal event, local Hoboken bars, or New York City?
Here I’m trying to compile a list of all the places in Hoboken that have something going on. Be sure to check around if anything changes, and let me know if I forgot anything. This list will gradually change over the days leading to NYE. Feel free to look over the list to see what looks like a good deal, and what looks like a total rip-off.
Take the annual poll here, and SEE THE COMPLETE LIST AFTER THE JUMP!
- 10th & Willow: no info
- 340 Grill: 9pm ($140 in advance)- 5 hour open bar, snacks, buffet, carving station, DJ
- Bahama Mama’s: 9pm ($75)- 5 hour open bar, buffet, DJ
- Bar None: 9pm ($100)- 6 hour open bar, buffet, DJ, Group packages, tables available
- Black Bear: 9pm ($85 if you reserve before 12/26, $95 after)- 5 hour open bar, buffet, DJ – SOLD OUT
- Buskers: no info
- Carpe Diem: 9pm ($85 in advance)- 5 hour open bar, buffet, DJ
- City Bistro: 9pm ($100 reservation required)- Masquerade Party, 4 hour open bar, snacks, DJ
- Court Street: (price-fixed menu)- Three seatings. See menu here.
- DC’s Tavern: no info (probably cash bar)
- Dubliner: 9pm ($80 in advance)- 4hr open bar, buffet, DJ
- Duffy’s: Cash bar, $10 to get in
- East LA: Cash Bar
- Farside: booked- sold out
- Four L’s: No info
- Gaslight: no info
- Green Rock: 9pm ($80 in advance)- 5 hour open bar, buffet, DJ
- Helmer’s: no info
- Hudson Tavern: no info
- Hobson’s: no info
- Liberty Bar: 9pm ($100 in advance)- 4hr open bar, buffet, DJ
- Lola’s: no info
- Lounge 11: 8pm (various packages from $100/person to $1200/table)- DJ, 5 hour open bar, lots of prizes and giveaways. SOLD OUT
- LUA: no info
- Madison: ($65 prix fixe dinner- three seatings, $110 (9pm) open bar)
- Maxwell’s: Show $20 – Dean & Britta/American Watercolor Movement (buy tickets here)
- McMahon’s: 9pm ($65 till 12/25, $75 after)- 4 hour open bar, buffet, DJ, cash bar after 1am
- McSwiggan’s: (cash bar, $20 cover)- DJ, dancing, champagne, cash bar only
- Melting Pot: no info
Mercy Grill: 8pm ($75 open bar only, $60 dinner & champagne toast, $125 all of the above)- 3 dinner seatings available, 4 hour open bar (cash bar after midnight, what?), DJ
- Mikie Squared: no info
- Moran’s: no info
- Mulligan’s: 9pm (call for price)- Open Bar, buffet, DJ
- NINE: 8pm ($75 / $125)- open bar, snacks; premium price include open bar, reserved seating and a bottle of Moet & unlimited Ciroc Vodka per six people
- O’Donoghues: 9pm (cash bar: $10 cover, $45 open bar)- Buffet, party favors
- Oddfellow’s: 10pm ($75 in advance)- “New Orleans” style, DJ, premium open bar
- Onieal’s: SOLD OUT
- Quay’s: ($100 in advance, $120 at the door)- 5 hour open bar, prime rib buffet, DJ
- Quiet Woman: Cash bar no cover
- Rogo’s: 8pm ($75 in advance, $100 at the door)- 5 hour open bar, $1000 prize at midnight, buffet
- Scotland Yard: Cash Bar
- Shannon Lounge: Cash Bar, no cover, party favors
- Sullivan’s: No info
- Teak: no info (probably a big event)
- Texas Arizona: 9pm ($85, reserved table)- DJ, champagne, open bar, hors d’ oeuvres, etc.
- Three A’s: 9pm (call for price)- Buffet, DJ, open bar
- Trinity: no info
- Willie McBride’s: (call for price)- band “Bitter X”
- Whiskey Bar: 9pm (cover/cash bar: $25 in advance, $35 at door; cover/open bar: $65 in advance, $75 at door)- Band: Spit Roast Muppet, buffet