Hoboken Week in Review: 9/8/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on September 8th at 05:55 am
Hoboken Week in Review – September 8, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 8, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Bhalla Ethics Law Breaker – NJ DCA Local Finance Board says Councilman Ravi Bhalla did a no-no!
- More smelly toxic remediation? – Another “environmental” clean up set to begin. Will it stink up the neighborhood?
- Is your car safe in Hoboken? – Hard to keep any vehicle free from harm and blemishes here!
- Begging for Bike Lanes? – Do headlines on newspapers really match the sentiment of the people?
- Zimmer drowning? – That’s what this week’s political parody suggests…
Updates & Events
- Maxwell’s back as shell of former self? – Would you support a place that tricked you into thinking they were closing? What kind of business plan is that?
- Framed in Hoboken – Another shop to frame your paintings or photos.
- Ali Baba – Still going strong after three decades. Nice!
- Halstead Property – Definitely not an Apple Store.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Many more weeks still left! Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – There are better alternatives elsewhere this weekend.