Giving up Television – 2 years later
Amazing what happens when you unplug from Television
Some Hoboken411 friends and readers know that we gave up television, about two years ago to the day. We gave it up because it became apparent that they (MSM) NEEDED as many viewers as possible to accomplish one or more of the following (and probably a lot more than this):
- Indoctrination. To further “interests,” such as (political policies, environmental polices, societal mores, etc.)
- “Bread & Circus.” To keep people blissfully ignorant of what is really going on. Entertain them. Easy as pie!
- Common sense versus “Commercial Sense.” Because mainstream manipulation is like shooting fish in a barrel.
I could go on.
But one thing that is important, and consistent with anyone who changes themselves as an “individual,” is that they are most effective at change when it is THEIR OWN IDEA. Have you ever seen a TV program or mainstream news article that essentially shows how you can give the addiction up? Never.
TV addiction one of the hardest to break
I ask many individuals each week if they would ever consider giving up the TV. I have not gotten one single response that anyone would. Like asking a crack addict in Camden, NJ to come clean. Impossible. They cannot imagine life without it. “What about my shows?” As true as it is, isn’t it kind of worrisome to realize how addicted the world is?
I can assure you that most of the people who say “I’m so busy,” or “I wish I had more time,” probably watch over 30-40 hours of TV per week. What would you do with all that extra time?
Here are some related articles about giving up the TV addiction:
- How to Quit Watching TV (WikiHow)
- Watching TV Is Turning You Into A Broke, Greedy And Overweight Zombie
- The Television Addiction (Real Truth)
- Top 10 Reasons to Turn Off Your TV (About.com)
- 8 Changes I Experienced After Giving up TV
To anyone that has escaped the prison of TV – congratulations! For anyone considering cutting the cord – feel free to email Hoboken411 for tips & motivation!Hoboken NJ