Hoboken Week in Review: 8/18/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – August 18, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 18, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Reval – As you might ask – Cui Bono? Who benefits?
- Tiny Hoboken Paving – Hooray! A few square feet of roads paved (but some poor pooches almost got poisoned due to poor execution!)
- Water Main break TRASHES roads – And as soon as one road is paved, another one is ripped to shreds by a water main break… But we have bike lanes and swing sets! Priorities, YEAH!
- Broad of Entitlement – In Hoboken, that’s what BoE stands for, as “privileged” city officials break laws and give you the finger in the process! Karma comes around, though.
- Public Bathing – If you’re lucky to find a working Hoboken fountain, good chance a homeless person will be cleaning up.
- Hoboken Fire Boat – Do you feel safer knowing we have an aquatic fire & rescue apparatus?
- Windshield Abuse – Get that “warm and fuzzy” feeling when windshield spam crud sticks to your car?
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Cartoons! – A NEW feature for hard-hitting and in-your-face Hoboken editorial artwork!
- Stantt Custom Fit Shirts – Two Hoboken guys launch a Kickstarter project to revolutionize the way shirts fit men. Great idea!
- Little Town New Jersey – Menu revisited, and introducing new Executive Chef Jordan Andino!
- Do Ewe Knit? – Now knitting in Westfield after lukewarm reception in Hoboken sent them packing. Was probably the parking anyway…
- Ooh La La – New beauty salon coming soon.
- Hoboken Car Washes – Which one is best? Plus – great option just steps away!
- Ongoing Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – Summer Farmers’ Markets in full swing. Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Will movie prices ever come down?