Hoboken Week in Review: 8/11/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on August 11th at 05:55 am
Hoboken Week in Review – August 11, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 11, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Mayoral Election 2013 – About a month before the ballots become final. Who do you want to represent your wallet and quality of life? Hmmm.
- 1600 Park – More traffic “control measures,” as well as – is it a prison or playground?
- Hoboken Charm – Ruined when Mayor reneges on agreement with creative company purely for political reasons. That’s corruption no matter which way you slice, dice, spice and spin it.
- Parking THIEVERY! – The city improperly TOWS countless people, offers them no restitution at all. Not their problem. Don’t you wish you had such irrevocable power? F-them!
- Virginia Mason – Daughter of Councilwoman Mason reaches national figure-skating championship. Wow, impressive!
- Drunk Walking – Apparently the main reason DOPES get struck by cars in Hoboken. That, and soul-sucking cell phones.
- Graffiti Epidemic – The “Magic Marker Moron” is on a mystical roll. Probably has written more words than on this site in a matter of weeks. What’s he on exactly?
- Stevens Tree Botchery – Dozens of trees executed near the cliff. No “activists” here. The whole environmental movement is a scam in case you haven’t woken up yet.
- Hoboken Sinkhole 101 – A look behind the attention-grabbing headlines for a little truth to creative verbiage used to describe various asinine events in Hoboken.
Updates & Events
- City Challenge Obstacle Race – In a sea of run-of-the-mill 5K races in Hoboken, we have a bright light of hope that something different will excite weekend warriors.
- 310 Park Avenue – Families NOT leaving Hoboken means that developers have to adapt. Like with $2.3 million dollar FIVE bedroom condo estates! Crazy!
- Doomed Hoboken Businesses: – A few shops off the radar. Permanently:
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate – No way doomed, just moving to a more affordable spot a few blocks north.
- Ongoing Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – The Jersey Fresh offerings inspire healthy eating, right? Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – The great debate – sneaking snacks in to avoid highway robbery.