Hoboken Photo Leftovers for August 10th
Hoboken photo remains of the week: August 10, 2013
What photo leftovers made the cut this week?
In the Hoboken Photo Leftovers gallery below:
- Photo 1: Hoboken Paving. Oh boy. Up until last year, we used to kind of get excited about the “four or five teeny sections” of roads that got paved each year. But it is no longer reason to celebrate. Because the roads are CRUMBLING MUCH FASTER THAN THEY IMPROVE. At the rate this city is falling to pieces, you’d have to pave probably a quarter to HALF of all the roads each year to keep pace. So in other words “Nothing to see here, move along, 99% of the town is kidney-jarring already. Have a nice day.
- Photo 2: Mills Tavern is coming along slowly. But they have their “identity” up, in the form of a cool NEON-yellow sign on blue background. Unique compared to the reso of Hoboken, with a clear, easy to read font. A+ for effectiveness in my opinion.
- Photos 3 & 4: Hoboken Face Lifts – Both Hudson Place Realty and Zack’s Oak Bar went through some exterior changes recently. Keeping up with the times.
- Photo 5: Did you see the massive 15-story crane that was installed at the 1415 Park Place construction site uptown? Fascinating to watch.
- Photo 6: All covered up. Hudson Athletic Club we know is for rent – and the windows are all papered up. A lot of places in Hoboken like this actually!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Hoboken!
About Hoboken Photo Leftovers
These are photos that didn’t necessarily warrant an individual posting on Hoboken411.
They may have been related to other stories – or completely independent. These photographs are remnants of our travels in the past week. But equally important in maintaining an historical record of “life as we know it” in the Mile Square City.
At the same time, these photographs may also mirror the unique personal opinion of the publisher of Hoboken411.com.
Regardless, the pictures add to the “virtual encyclopedia” that this site now represents. Thank you for your readership!