Hoboken Week in Review: 7/14/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on July 14th at 05:55 am
Week in Review
Hoboken Week in Review – July 14, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 14, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Helicopter Chatter – Sure, they can be annoying – but some think that politicians might have better things to do.
- Hoboken Parking Sham – City took money for no parking signs, doesn’t enforce them. Sounds like robbery.
- Public Safety – A Charles Darwin case study.
- Exploding Fire Hydrant – Bad decisions cause a deluge of water uptown.
- Superstorm Sandy Clinic – A bunch of lawyers offering free advice. Cui Bono?
- Smart Grid Seminar – Free informational meetup regarding the future of the grid – and what it might mean to you here in Hoboken. Later this month.
Updates & Events
- Maxwell Memories: – What gems did we uncover from Maxwell’s memory lane last week?
- Poor Cat Designs – “Trendy” jewelry comes with a stiff price tag.
- Cadillac Cantina – New bar restaurant downtown building hype with coconut drinks.
- The Pretty Kitty – Hair removal experts come to Hoboken.
- Hoboken Montessori School – Expanding with the Hoboken toddler population.
- Studio L Dance Co. – Dance instruction for kids.
- St. Ann’s Festival – Mark your calendars for the annual Italian fun fest!
- Hoboken Farmers’ Market Continues – The trio of farm fresh food offerings is in full swing. Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Reminder: You have a DVD player.