Hoboken Photo Leftovers for July 6th
Hoboken photo remains of the week: July 6, 2013
What photo leftovers made the cut this week?
In the Hoboken Photo Leftovers gallery below:
- Photo 1: Every day people complain about these retarded muni-meters. Half the time they don’t even work properly. This “progress” is exactly the opposite.
- Photo 2: Hoboken Charter School renovation continues after their fire. You ever wonder why it’s taking them so long?
- Photo 3: The hair salon industry is peculiar. Always announcing new stylists with pomp and circumstance. Like at Bangz Salon, a big sign for “Beatrice from Capello.” You never hear that about waiters or auto-mechanics.
- Photos 4-6: Pier C Park – which had shoddy sod installed (and died immediately), got new grass from a different contractor finally. Wonder how long it’ll last.
- Photo 7: Saw this “reporter” from News 12 down at Pier A Park doing a “report” about the July 4th Fireworks. He must have gone through 10 takes to recite one sentence. Probably the reason he’s not on prime-time network news.
- Photo 8: Aroma Chinese at 318 Washington. Not closed, just renovating. Bet it’ll be nice!
- Photo 9: The mighty Anthropologie – how will that impact local boutiques? Place your bets now!
Enjoy the rest your holiday weekend, Hoboken!
About Hoboken Photo Leftovers
These are photos that didn’t necessarily warrant an individual posting on Hoboken411.
They may have been related to other stories – or completely independent. These photographs are remnants of our travels in the past week. But equally important in maintaining an historical record of “life as we know it” in the Mile Square City.
At the same time, these photographs may also mirror the unique personal opinion of the publisher of Hoboken411.com.
Regardless, the pictures add to the “virtual encyclopedia” that this site now represents. Thank you for your readership!