Hoboken Week in Review: 6/30/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – June 30, 2013
Happy last day of the month, Hoboken!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 30, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking Abuse in Hoboken – Signs go up in the middle of the night while you sleep.
- And Parking Hypocrisy – You get a ticket, they don’t. Sounds fair, right?
- Pier C Park Botched – Grass dies the minute it is installed. Low bidders did a great job!
- Hoboken Hates Progress – Even when third parties volunteer to pay for land assessment for parks!
- Other Hoboken photos – More new pics in the Hoboken411 gallery…
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Businesses For Sale – Have a good news update about one long-time favorite!
- Maxwell Memories – What did we see down Maxwell’s memory lane last week? Los Straightjackets and Nick Lowe. Good times!
- New Jersey Running Co. – Sneakers and workout gear coming to the Avenue.
- Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night – Theater on the Waterfront. FREE, too!
- Hoboken Farmers’ Market Trifecta Complete – The trio of farm fresh food offerings is in full swing. Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Clearview Cinemas – Movies for those with money burning a hole in their pockets.
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“The cynics are right nine times out of ten.”
“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.”