Hoboken Week in Review: 6/23/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – June 23, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 23, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Smart Meters in Hoboken? – Some say there is much more than meets the eye (or the brain tumor).
- Hoboken Parking Utility hurting businesses? – The horror stories we’ve heard makes you think so.
- Willow Ave. Spectacle – Apparently we’re getting a road makeover suitable for every living being.
- Odd Hoboken trash trends – Added to the list: “E-Cigs” and “Shotgun Shells.”
- City Council Spin – The Mayor didn’t want the you to choose a public servant. Shame on her. Now it’s costing the city thousands.
- Other Hoboken photos – More new pics in the Hoboken411 gallery…
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Businesses For Sale – Quite a few on the market that you’d recognize.
- Maxwell Memories – Last week we took another stroll down Maxwell’s memory lane and featured Nick Curran and Dale Watson.
- In Defense of Hoboken Food Trucks – One Entrepreneur states his case.
- Piri Piri Portuguese BBQ – Pulls the plug on Hoboken.
- Cigar & Tobacco Warehouse – Opens up with an impressive array of products.
- Napoli’s (Pizza) Burgers! – Top brick oven establishment busts out burgers, fries and onion rings!
- Clearview Cinemas – Movies for those afraid of their aparments.
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.”