Hoboken Week in Review: 6/16/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – June 16, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 16, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking meter overload? – Should every street in town require money to park on?
- Is Hoboken friendly for artists? – Can you survive with your artistic passion in the Mile Square?
- Vision 20/20 – Should the housing projects receive a makeover?
- Memories of Macy’s – A flashback to creative energy now absent from Hoboken.
- Gateway to Weehawken – Wonder about that new building uptown no more!
- Texting while walking – Your common sense PSA when it comes to your private communications.
- Other Hoboken photos – More new pics in the Hoboken411 gallery…
Updates & Events
- Maxwell Memories – Last week we took a stroll down Maxwell’s memory lane and checked out Junior Brown and the Knights of the New Crusade.
- SoBi Social Bicycles – Is it better to just buy a cheap bike?
- Three A’s – Popular bar / restaurant is looking for a buyer.
- Mod Cup – Tasty coffee vendor gets some love on TV.
- Clearview Cinemas – Movies for those without HDTV sets.
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”