Hoboken Week in Review: 5/12/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – May 12, 2013
Looks like a much improved day after yesterday! Get out and enjoy!
Oh – and Happy Mother’s Day, too! Check out this photo I snapped from Columbus Park before the rain washed it away. Seems like Mom’s are 50% of what they used to be, because now NANNIES share the holiday headlines! How screwed up is that from a family perspective?
I suppose in due time, it will be “Happy Mothers Day to all Mom’s, Nannies, housekeepers, landscapers, daycare centers, baby sitters and child protective services!”
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 12, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Floods Again! – And people had some Hurricane Sandy flashbacks. Note that Mayor Dawn Zimmer has flip-flopped. Pumps! No Pumps! Pumps! Demonstrating her incompetence clearly.
- Priest: Mayor Zimmer dividing Hoboken – A local Pastor reminds churchgoers of the sins committed by city administration and cronies.
- Hoboken Reval – No matter how you slice it – taxes in Hoboken will be high!
- Pier 13 drama – The marina wants to make residents happy – City Hall wishes to take that away.
- Willow14 – Still stinking, and still pissing area neighbors off. Politicians add no value to the constituency.
- Mobile Food Vendors – How do they affect the character of our city?
- Other Hoboken photos – See some new pics that made the Hoboken411 gallery this week…
Updates & Events
- Rosticeria Da Gigi – New gourmet Italian Deli coming soon!
- Bwe Kafe – Opened last week to immediate acceptance from community.
- Hoboken Hot House – Moving to a new location half a mile west.
- Waffle De Lys – Belgian Waffles – right on the sidewalk!
- Artie Lange – Performs stand up for Hoboken PBA charity this coming Friday.
- Clearview Cinemas – Three flicks playing this week.
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“But let me offer you my definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you – and why?”