Hoboken Week in Review: 4/14/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – April 14, 2013
Seasonable weather with no flooding imminent. It’s a good day, right? What happened in Hoboken last week?
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 14, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Zimmer sued by Police Chief Falco – Mayor and her cronies get called out on their thuggery.
- Should kids be banned from dog parks? – Someone shows the city how it should be handled.
- Baby curfews at bars? – Diaper changing stations at strip clubs are next.
- 14th St. Viaduct – Renovation project delayed due to Hurricane Sandy.
- North End Redevelopment – Buildings falling like a house of cards uptown.
- How many dogs is too many? – One new resident was astounded how many pooches were crammed into a tiny SUV.
- Hoboken Photos – What new pics made the Hoboken411 gallery this week?
Updates & Events
- Giannone Wine & Liquor – Grand Opening last weekend!
- Ray’s Dry Cleaners – Doomed.
- McDonald’s – Renovation almost complete.
- Love playing Madden 13? – Weekly tournaments over at Village Pourhouse downtown.
- Hoboken411 turns seven – Over 2,500 days online in Hoboken!
- Clearview Cinemas – Catch a movie! (With or without 3D glasses).
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.”