Hoboken Week in Review: 3/24/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on March 24th at 05:57 am
Week in Review
Hoboken Week in Review – March 24, 2013
What happened in Hoboken last week?
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 24, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Zimmer opposes parks – The proposed Jackson Street Park is not regarded well by Zimmer & her allies – because they didn’t think of it. So they hate it just for that purpose. Children running this city.
- Patrick Ricciardi pleads guilty – For reading emails.
- Tom Foley III arrested – At Newark Airport for talking about shoe bombs.
- City tickets for no reason – Dozens of cars ticketed last week for street sweepers – but no sweeper cleaned the street.
- No parking is pretty messy – The city leaves miles of sticky tape behind on residents property. Lazy bastards!
- Willow14 still bugs residents – A smelly construction project has nearby neighbors up in arms.
- 14th Street Viaduct – Rehabilitation project plugs along, with new “pedestrian tunnel” taking shape.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken BYOB restaurants – Where do you bring your own bottle in Hoboken?
- Legal Beans reopens – After a few false alarms – they opened up yesterday.
- Red Lion Coffee – A new leader of coffee-awesomeness uptown!
- 40 year class reunion – Hoboken class of 1974 wants to celebrate in 2014.
- How’s your relationship going? – Hoboken therapist Jessica Kasevich talks about what happens after the three-month mark hits.
- Clearview Cinemas – What movie will you see this week?